Topic: cube root of a given number
Replies: 112   Last Post: Jan 10, 2013 1:39 PM

arithmetic

From: venezuela
Registered: 1/23/06
Re: cube root of a given number

On 24 jul, 17:07, gwh <ghug...@cei.net> wrote:
> On Jul 24, 9:36 am, arithmonic <djes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, does arithmonic always get so excited and upset? I never intended
> to help his ulcer along......
> Regards,
> Grover Hughes retired engineer, Sandia National Laboratories- Ocultar texto de la cita -

Be sure Mr. unethical Grover Hughes that I will never get any ulcer
from people like you and your friend.

YOU mr. Grover Hughes GOT A CHEEK, INDEED.
YOUR UNETHICAL ATTITUDE ONLY MATCH THAT FROM OTHERS IN THE PAST IN
THIS NEWSGROUP.
EXACTLY THE SAME UNETHICAL ATTITUDE.

On 24 jul, 17:07, Grover Hughes gwh <ghug...@cei.net> unethicaly
wrote:
> On Jul 24, 9:36 am, arithmonic <djes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My, my! Leave town for a few days, and look what happened while my
> back was turned! I've never been so popular before, and all because I
> remarked that an old text showed how to extract cube roots! Well, here
> it is-- I'll do the best I can to type it in a form that I hope will
> be readable.

YOU mr. Grover Hughes GOT A CHEEK, INDEED.
YOUR UNETHICAL ATTITUDE ONLY MATCH THAT FROM OTHERS IN THE PAST IN
THIS NEWSGROUP.
EXACTLY THE SAME UNETHICAL ATTITUDE.

WHAT FOLLOWS IS WHAT THIS GUY Grover Hughes RESPONDED TO MY ORIGINAL
MESSAGE:

When I said:
> On Jul 14, 10:30 pm, arithmeticae <djes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you really like to analyze the most simple high-order root-solving algorithms then you should take a look at:
> >http://mipagina.cantv.net/arithmetic/rmdef.htm
> > It is striking to realize that these new extremely simple artihmetical algorithms do not appear in any text on numbers since Babylonian times up to now.

Grover Hughes negligently and unethically wrote: On 16 jul, 18:24, gwh

ALSO FOLLOWS WHAT HIS UNIDENTIFIED FRIEND <sttscitr...@tesco.net>
UNETHICALY AND NEGLIGENTLY wrote:
On 24 jul, 06:44, "sttscitr...@tesco.net" <sttscitr...@tesco.net>
wrote:
> Your historical claim may well be true, but at
> least one poster states he has a reference predating your
> claim. It would be interesting if he could post the method
> he found in the Handbook

Both assertions from Grover Hughes and his unidentified friend
<sttscitr...@tesco.net> has been proven to be absolutely FALSE and
UNETHICAL STATEMENTS. Their alleged Hurtwitz 's method (which in
fact his originator was Achimedes or Wallis if you prefer) and
Eshbach's method are not, by any means, the same to the ones shown in
my pages.

Notwithstanding, forget it, I do not care of such unethical attitude
as well as i did not care for the shameful attitude from others in
the
past, the main point that I really care is the following:

I face and maintain my assertions:
"THE EXTREMELY SIMPLE HIGH-ORDER METHODS SHOWN IN MY WEBPAGES --BASED
ON THE RATIONAL MEAN--
DO NOT APPEAR IN NEITHER ANY CHINESE, NOR ARAB, NOR INDIAN, NOR
WESTERN BOOK,
since ancient Babylonian times UP TO NOW!!! AND YOU WILL REALIZE THAT
NO MATHEMATICIAN nor any math-historian will be able to deny such a
crude fact.
And this is a real shame mainly for all of us who have read some
about
the very long history of root solving.

What would had happened if, for instance, Plat?n,
Nichomacus, Wallis, etc. would had found such high-order arithmetical
methods in such a trivial-arithmetical way?
Consider that all those mathematicians from past times (including
Newton, Halley,
etc.) certainly had the elementary tools to do that, however, from
the
evidence at hand THEY DIDN'T, and this is something really striking
for anyone who have ever read a book on the history of mathematics.

If these methods --based on the RATIONAL MEAN-- would had been
discovered in past times then it is for sure that your math-teachers
would had taught them to you at school. that's simple.

That is what really matters here, because this leads to think how
many other things could have been missed.
I am sure there another very different mathematics from that we have
inherited and all these new simple methods are a clear evidence of
that.
There is certainly a missing mathematics and young minds certainly
have the most simple tools to find it. we have to break the chains
from past times.

All those ranting raving messages, unethical actions, and insults
against me have no importance, at all.

What really matters is that :
"THE EXTREMELY SIMPLE HIGH-ORDER METHODS SHOWN IN MY WEBPAGES --BASED
ON THE RATIONAL MEAN--
DO NOT APPEAR IN NEITHER ANY CHINESE, NOR ARAB, NOR INDIAN, NOR
WESTERN BOOK,
since ancient Babylonian times UP TO NOW!!! AND YOU WILL REALIZE THAT
NO MATHEMATICIAN nor any math-historian will be able to deny such a
crude fact.

I even understand your feelings, probably you have read some books on
numerical methods and the history of root-solving, and now you
realize
that halley's, Householder's and many other new iterating functions
could have been developed by means of the MOST SIMPLE ARITHMETIC since
ancient times, but mathematician
of past times didn't develope such trivial high-order methods.

That is bitter blow for you and some others, I am sorry for that but
you have to
swallow it.

Date Subject Author
4/20/04
Read cube root of a given number
vsvasan
4/20/04
Read Re: cube root of a given number
A N Niel
4/20/04
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Richard Mathar
7/14/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Sheila
7/14/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
amzoti
7/14/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
quasi
7/14/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmeticae
7/16/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Gottfried Helms
7/16/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/21/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/21/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/21/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/21/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/22/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/22/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/22/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/23/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/24/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/24/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/24/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/24/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/24/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
gwh
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
8/6/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
semiopen
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
semiopen
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
semiopen
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/27/07
[...]
7/28/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/28/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/5/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmeticae
8/5/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/6/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
8/6/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/6/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmeticae
8/7/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/7/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
mike3
8/10/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
8/10/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/11/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
r3769@aol.com
8/11/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/11/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
r3769@aol.com
8/11/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/11/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
r3769@aol.com
8/12/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/17/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
r3769@aol.com
8/12/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
8/13/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/24/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
8/28/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
narasimham
1/10/13
Read Re: cube root of a given number ...
Milo Gardner
8/28/07
[...]
Proginoskes
7/21/07