Topic: cube root of a given number
Replies: 112   Last Post: Jan 10, 2013 1:39 PM

arithmeticae

From: Venezuela
Registered: 9/17/06
Re: cube root of a given number

On 6 ago, 13:35, "sttscitr...@tesco.net" <sttscitr...@tesco.net>
wrote:
> On 6 Aug, 15:18, arithmonic <djes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > All the readers can find information on this topic on GCF at pages 3-4, Section 1.1.1):
> >http://assets.cambridge.org/052181/8052/sample/0521818052ws.pdf

> What is it that the extract from Finch's book is supposed to
> demonstrate ?

Now, you don't know what all this means. let's see:

On 26 jul, 22:16, "sttscitr...@tesco.net" <sttscitr...@tesco.net>
when referring to my stuff wrote:

>...who but a retard would wriite it down for posterity ?

This time you didn't insult the author of the link:
http://assets.cambridge.org/052181/8052/sample/0521818052ws.pdf

He also use the name "Generalized Continued Fractions" for
my periodical high-order expressions.

Why you didn't insult him this time?
Why you didn't call him retard this time?

Why you raised the name of my country in your last posting?

There are many reasons for all that:

1.- You are a coward that thinks that you can insult any Southamerican
guy the way you want. You think that you can be a persistent offender
and nothing will happen just because it is
just a LatinAmerican guy.
That's the main reason you are not willing to insult him (and many
others from other countries) but prefer to insult the LatinAmerican
guy and tell lies about his work.

2.- The other reason is that you really HATE, so much, to see this
SouthAmerican guy telling you these truths about the whole history of
roots solving, and teaching you these new extremely simple high-order
methods, mainly, when considering that you are incapable of showing
any single precedent on them since Babylonian times up to now.
It is a real disgrace for you to be forced to swallow all this, mainly
when considering that you have been crushed just by a Civil Engineer,
not a mathematician. So, I understand how low is your selfsteem-level
by this time, that's why you desperately need to insult and act as a
persistent offender.
Notice that you have been crushed by a humble SouthAmerican Civil
Engineer in such a way that you had no other chance but to bring out a
discussion on the way you demand that the phrase "Generalized
Continued Fractions" should be used.

In his book:
http://assets.cambridge.org/052181/8052/sample/0521818052ws.pdf
The author clearly states what the meaning of the phrase "Generalized
Continued fractions" is all about.
It is clear that other people even decided to use other very different
names for their generalized expressions. Standard Continued
Fractions have so many properties, if you can find any high-order
generalization for any of those properties then you are free to use
the phrase GCF, that's it. in my case the property is: Periodic
representation of irrational numbers of higher degree.
You are clearly unable to realize that I don't care about the
transcendence of such very particular GCF expression shown in my
webpages, because there are many others, and that is not the true
issue of my work.

You said:
>"It is not clear which of the "two types" of generalized continued
fraction Finch is referring to."

You have been finally crushed and forced to admit that there can be
various types of generalized continued fraction.
You are not the "choosen" who will decide how to use mathematical
phrases. You have been crushed and forced to slow your overbearing
ignorance down.

That is what my posting demonstrate.

Just swallow what follows very gently, again and again:

It is just disturbing to realize these so simple arithmetical methods
DO NOT APPEAR in any book on numbers since ancient times up to now:

http://mipagina.cantv.net/arithmetic/rmdef.htm

References and links can be found at:
http://mipagina.cantv.net/arithmetic

THESE SO SIMPLE METHODS DO NOT APPEAR IN NEITHER ANY CHINESE, NOR
ARAB, NOR INDIAN, NOR WESTERN BOOK, since ancient Babylonian times UP
TO NOW!!!
AND YOU WILL REALIZE THAT NO MATHEMATICIAN nor any math-historian
will
be able to deny such a crude fact.

Whatever...
There are very good news here, specially, for young people because
from now on, by means of simple arithmetic they will be able to learn
at secondary school --by means of the most simple arithmetic-- many
new simple higher-order algorithms, as well as all those well-known
cartesian-infinitesimal algorithms (i.e.: Halley's, Newton's,
Bernoulli's and Householder's) which have been considered as superb
achievements of the history of mathematics, however, one can see now
that all those "superb" achievements can be easily developed by means
of the most simple arithmetic.

Young student, be sure there is something very wrong with the whole
Cartesian-Infinitesimal scheme we have inherited.
Yours is the chance to find new ways on mathematics.

Ing. Domingo Gomez Morin
Structural Engineer
Caracas Venezuela

Date Subject Author
4/20/04
Read cube root of a given number
vsvasan
4/20/04
Read Re: cube root of a given number
A N Niel
4/20/04
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Richard Mathar
7/14/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Sheila
7/14/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
amzoti
7/14/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
quasi
7/14/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmeticae
7/16/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Gottfried Helms
7/16/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/21/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/21/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/21/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/21/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/22/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/22/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/22/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/23/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/24/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/24/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/24/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/24/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/24/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
gwh
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/25/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
8/6/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
semiopen
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
semiopen
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
semiopen
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/26/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
7/27/07
[...]
7/28/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
7/28/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/5/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmeticae
8/5/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/6/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
8/6/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/6/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmeticae
8/7/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/7/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
mike3
8/10/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
8/10/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/11/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
r3769@aol.com
8/11/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/11/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
r3769@aol.com
8/11/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/11/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
r3769@aol.com
8/12/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/17/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
r3769@aol.com
8/12/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
8/13/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
Iain Davidson
8/24/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
arithmetic
8/28/07
Read Re: cube root of a given number
narasimham
1/10/13
Read Re: cube root of a given number ...
Milo Gardner
8/28/07
[...]
Proginoskes
7/21/07