Topic: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Replies: 30   Last Post: Aug 3, 2004 1:07 AM

Jesse F. Hughes

Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles

gersh@bialer.com writes:

> I don't think it is too much of a stretch to say nature can be modeled
> by a turing machine in polynomial time. Otherwise, maybe Turing
> machines should be redefined. I think the more complicated problem is
> how you define. However, if quantum computers can theoretically
> compute NP problems in P time, why shouldn't nature?

Boy, that paragraph is just chock-full, ain't it?

--
Jesse F. Hughes

"I have written many words to sci.math, some of them are not even
meaningless." --Ross Finlayson

Date Subject Author
7/7/04
Read paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Craig Feinstein
7/7/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
stephen@nomail.com
7/7/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
MorituriMax
7/7/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
xx
7/7/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Jim
newstome@comcast.net
7/7/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Phil Freedenberg
7/7/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Thomas Nordhaus
7/7/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Piotr Wyderski
7/7/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Robert Israel
7/8/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Craig Feinstein
7/8/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Lee Rudolph
7/8/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Craig Feinstein
7/9/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Dr Chaos
7/27/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Reinier Post
7/29/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Scott Aaronson
7/30/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Craig Feinstein
8/3/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Scott Aaronson
7/9/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Patrick Powers
7/7/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Poker Joker
7/7/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Bellview Hospital
7/8/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Arthur J. O'Dwyer
7/11/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Loreno Heer
7/8/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Torben Mogensen
7/9/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
gersh@bialer.com
7/9/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Dr Chaos
7/9/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Jesse F. Hughes
7/8/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Julian Streicher
7/8/04
Read Re: paper claiming p=np and soap bubbles
Christoph M. Wintersteiger
7/8/04