The Math Forum

Topic: Largest primeproduct with 2 as factor?
Replies: 19   Last Post: Aug 16, 2007 1:06 PM

stephane.frion@gmail.com

Re: Largest primeproduct with 2 as factor?

On Aug 15, 2:53 pm, jonas.thornv...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I do not know much math, i just wonder if there is a largest
> primeproduct with two as one of the factors.
> Same i wonder for three.
>
> If not..., but if so is it true for any primefactor used in
> primeproduct that they will have a range?
> Do every factor have a range in primeproducts?
>
> A pure guess tell me that the numbers of primeproducts with 2 or 3
> used as one of the factor is infinite but i am not sure.
>
> JT

You guess is right. This is because there is infinity prime number
then if N is the bigger prime product, you will find A your biggest
prime with A = N/2. You can find a prime number A' with A'> A, then N'
= A x 2 > N. Same rules with 3 or any prime numbers.

SF