The Math Forum

Topic: Largest primeproduct with 2 as factor?
Replies: 19   Last Post: Aug 16, 2007 1:06 PM

Virgil

Re: Largest primeproduct with 2 as factor?

On Aug 15, 3:03 pm, jonas.thornv...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On 16 Aug, 00:00, stephane.fr...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > On Aug 15, 2:53 pm, jonas.thornv...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > > I do not know much math, i just wonder if there is a largest
> > > primeproduct with two as one of the factors.
> > > Same i wonder for three.

> > > If not..., but if so is it true for any primefactor used in
> > > primeproduct that they will have a range?
> > > Do every factor have a range in primeproducts?

> > > A pure guess tell me that the numbers of primeproducts with 2 or 3
> > > used as one of the factor is infinite but i am not sure.

> > > JT
>
> > You guess is right. This is because there is infinity prime number
> > then if N is the bigger prime product, you will find A your biggest
> > prime with A = N/2. You can find a prime number A' with A'> A, then N'
> > = A x 2 > N. Same rules with 3 or any prime numbers.

> > SF
>
> Could anyone tell me the biggest "known" primeproduct that has two as
> factor?- Hide quoted text -

As there are periodic announcements of someone having found a new
largest prime, with each such must come a new and larger prime product
with 2 as a factor, namely the previous one times the new prime.