The Math Forum

Topic: Largest primeproduct with 2 as factor?
Replies: 19   Last Post: Aug 16, 2007 1:06 PM

jonas.thornvall@hotmail.com

Re: Largest primeproduct with 2 as factor?

On 16 Aug, 05:23, Randy Poe <poespam-t...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 15, 7:00 pm, jonas.thornv...@hotmail.com wrote:

> > > What do you mean by "primeproduct"? Do you mean any
> > > number that has 2 as a factor?

> > > For instance, does 2^20 = 1048576 qualify as a "primeproduct"?
>
> > > If you just mean any number that has two as a factor,
> > > these are called "even numbers", and any number that
> > > ends in 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8 is such a number. Thus, here
> > > is a large even number: 7924720394820394812476

> > Sorry i am tired, it is of course
> > 6=2*3,10=2*5,14=2*7,22=2*11,26=2*13,34=2*17,38=2*19 and so son.
> > and for three
> > 6=3*2,15=3*5,21=3*7,33=3*11,39=3*13....

> > So forget my question
>
> Ah. Well, these days primes far > 10^6 are easily
> turned out in milliseconds by computer software.
>
> You might be interested in this page:http://primes.utm.edu/nthprime/index.php#nth
>
> Not exactly what you're looking for, but if you
> try various values of n you'll find a prime of the
> size you want. Then obviously just multiply by 2.
>
> For instance, the billionth prime is:
> 22,801,763,489
>
> - Randy- D?lj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

If we multiply two composit (primeproducts), can they only have four
factors?
And if we multiply two primeproducts of primeproducts can they only
have eight factors?

JT