Topic: 2 sided polygon on a sphere
Replies: 17   Last Post: Mar 14, 2008 4:54 PM

David W. Cantrell

Re: What do you call a 2 sided polygon?

lrudolph@panix.com (Lee Rudolph) wrote:
> "David W.Cantrell" <DWCantrell@sigmaxi.net> writes:

> >Jay <Jalz_Rules@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> can someone tell me what is a 2 sided polygon name or something????
> >
> >Digon.
> >
> ><http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Digon.html>

> The canonical joke on the subject (which I learned taking Algebra from
> Nick Katz) is "let bigons be bigons".

Darn! And all this time (since 2002) I thought that I'd been the first to
make that pun. See my response to Leroy Quet in the sci.math thread
"Monogon" on June 28, 2002 at

The thread also explains why "digon" is preferred to "bigon"; see my post
of July 5, for example.