Topic: 2 sided polygon on a sphere
Replies: 17   Last Post: Mar 14, 2008 4:54 PM

David W. Cantrell

Re: What do you call a 2 sided polygon?

lrudolph@panix.com (Lee Rudolph) wrote:
> "David W.Cantrell" <DWCantrell@sigmaxi.net> writes:
>

> >Jay <Jalz_Rules@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> can someone tell me what is a 2 sided polygon name or something????
> >
> >Digon.
> >
> ><http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Digon.html>

> The canonical joke on the subject (which I learned taking Algebra from
> Nick Katz) is "let bigons be bigons".

Darn! And all this time (since 2002) I thought that I'd been the first to
make that pun. See my response to Leroy Quet in the sci.math thread
"Monogon" on June 28, 2002 at

<http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math/browse_frm/thread/3fbae661386df81b>.

The thread also explains why "digon" is preferred to "bigon"; see my post
of July 5, for example.

Cheers,
David