The Math Forum

Topic: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Replies: 26   Last Post: Oct 21, 2007 2:16 PM

Proginoskes

Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations

On Oct 18, 5:09 pm, Robert Israel
<isr...@math.MyUniversitysInitials.ca> wrote:
> Proginoskes <CCHeck...@gmail.com> writes:

> > > Just use a quantum computer to tap into the computational potential of
> > > infinitely many universes. Total runtime: about a sixteenth of a second
> > > (i.e. as long as it takes you to realise that it's finished).

> > The only problem is that the output is spread across 10^144 universes.
> > Compiling the list in one universe will require all the time that you
> > saved by spreading out the work.

> > Of course, if you had connections from each quantum universe to ours,
> > then they could write their output all at the same time, and it would
> > work.

> It would? Where in this universe would they put the output? We don't have
> enough atoms to write each entry on an existing atom. And if their output
> involves adding new atoms to our universe, it'll make things rather crowded...
> and have very serious effects on space-time.

That's right ... This is a finite-matter universe. ... It gets so
confusing when you hop from one to another, doesn't it?

--- Christopher Heckman

Date Subject Author
10/18/07
Read Algorithm for deriving permutations
Water Cooler v2
10/18/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Randy Poe
10/18/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Water Cooler v2
10/18/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
hardwidg
10/18/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Richard Heathfield
10/18/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Proginoskes
10/18/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Robert Israel
10/18/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Proginoskes
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
David Bernier
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Richard Heathfield
10/21/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Richard the Dreaded Libertarian
10/21/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Richard the Dreaded Libertarian
10/18/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Randy Poe
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
David Breton
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Proginoskes
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Richard Harter
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Marshall
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Patricia Shanahan
briggs@encompasserve.org
10/18/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Patrick Hamlyn
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
mensanator
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
hagman
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Patrick Hamlyn
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Richard Heathfield
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
mensanator
10/19/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
rossum
10/20/07
Read Re: Algorithm for deriving permutations
Grouchy