The Math Forum

Topic: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
Replies: 26   Last Post: Jan 16, 2008 7:48 AM

Gerry Myerson

Re: Errors in published mathematical papers

In article <fin7ht$7go$1@news.ks.uiuc.edu>,
Peter Mexbacher <spitfire2525@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've talked to 2 colleagues who independently referred to a study which
> found out that up to 3/4 of math papers which are published contain
> errors, some of them even irremediable.
>
> I googled but could not find any such study/paper.
>
> Does anyone on this list have a reference?

This isn't quite what you want, but there is some discussion
of errors in published math papers at
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/qed/mail-archive/volume-2/index.html

--
Gerry Myerson (gerry@maths.mq.edi.ai) (i -> u for email)

Date Subject Author
11/22/07
Read Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
Einstein
11/23/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
ianparker2@gmail.com
11/24/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
Einstein
11/26/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/28/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
ianparker2@gmail.com
12/6/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/28/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
Einstein
11/29/07
Read Errors in published mathematical papers
Peter Mexbacher
11/29/07
Read Re: Errors in published mathematical papers
Gerry Myerson
1/16/08
Read Re: Errors in published mathematical papers
Allan Adler
11/29/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
ianparker2@gmail.com
12/6/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/6/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
Ilya Zakharevich
12/8/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
Ilya Zakharevich
12/10/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
ianparker2@gmail.com
12/10/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/10/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
Virgil
12/18/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/18/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
Virgil
12/18/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/19/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
ianparker2@gmail.com
12/25/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/26/07
Read Re: Anyone wanna help with a compression routine (new type)
Virgil
12/27/07