Topic: JSH: Upside down situation
Replies: 66   Last Post: Mar 21, 2008 11:05 AM

jstevh@gmail.com

From: USA
Registered: 12/13/06
Re: JSH: Upside down situation

On Mar 19, 2:09 am, rossum <rossu...@coldmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:51:50 -0700 (PDT), JSH <jst...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >Factors:
> > ( 3 )( 2857 )( 3489032246971180452026847796977015412293251 )
> >Product: 29904495388789987654322112467889999098765454321

> James, no RSA number has factors as low as 3 or 2857. No RSA number
> has more than two factors. All my tests were conducted on RSA-style
> number - semiprimes - with only two prime factors, both factors near
> to the square root of the number. Also my timing tests were averaged
> over 200 such numbers, not just one.

I'm just typing in numbers at random.

The main point I'm making is that you can't make claims about my
theory when your code can't even come close to my research program
because you're doing something stupid with it.

> Here is the Java code I used to generate my test numbers:
>
> Random mRand = new Random();
>
> /** Creates random semi prime (two unequal prime factors) */
> private int makeSemiPrime(int bitSize) {
> final int size1 = bitSize / 2;
> final int size2 = bitSize - size1;
> BigInteger factor1 = BigInteger.probablePrime(size1, mRand);
> BigInteger factor2;
> do {
> factor2 = BigInteger.probablePrime(size2, mRand);
> } while(factor1.equals(factor2));
>
> return factor1.multiply(factor2).intValue();
> } // end makeSemiPrime()
>
> Numbers with a factor 3 can be factorised very quickly by trial
> factorisation. You need to try factoring RSA-style numbers for a
> real test of your method.
>
> rossum

I'm not at the point of testing against RSA size numbers. I'm
methodically trying to research it while you're the one coming in from
the top to make declarations about the potential of this theory.

You're out at this point until you can at least run numbers I can, but
from what you said, even trying a 40 bit number your computer ran all
night.

So from what you've said, you're out of the race as you can't code an
algorithm that's even close to what I have.

It may be that you're, well, depressed at being out of it at this
point so you kick at the theory that is beyond your abilities to
handle, which is human, but also kind of sad.

James Harris

Date Subject Author
3/14/08
Read JSH: Upside down situation
[...]