The Math Forum

Topic: solve (x+2)(x+3)(x+4)(x+5)=10
Replies: 8   Last Post: Mar 28, 2008 8:00 AM

magidin@math.berkeley.edu

Re: solve (x+2)(x+3)(x+4)(x+5)=10

In article <5711268.1206640564495.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org>,
tony77 <bobber_blond@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Can anyone solve this question? I am really at a dead end!
>
>(x+2)(x+3)(x+4)(x+5)=10

This is a 4th degree equation on x. There's formulas for solving such.

"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about
what I accept as reality."
--- Calvin ("Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson)

Arturo Magidin
magidin-at-member-ams-org