Topic: Is a semicircle a major arc, a minor arc, or neither?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 31, 2008 8:05 PM

David W. Cantrell

Re: Is a semicircle a major arc, a minor arc, or neither?

ET <boyson@sysmatrix.net> wrote:
> I need to write a 5-10 paragraph essay on the topic: is a semicircle a
> major arc or a minor arc and I'm not sure , but I think it's neither.

It depends simply on what definitions are used. If we use the definitions
given at MathWorld, for example, then a semicircle is _both_ a major and a
minor arc.

<http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MajorArc.html>

David