Topic: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Replies: 48   Last Post: Jun 5, 2008 1:48 PM

Servant, Melissa

RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text

Yes me too!!! And thank you!!!!

Melissa Servant
Wallkill Senior High School
90 Robinson Drive
Wallkill, NY 12525

________________________________

From: owner-nysmathab@mathforum.org on behalf of TOMPKINS, MARY
Sent: Mon 3/31/2008 1:29 PM
To: nysmathab@mathforum.org
Subject: RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text

I would also love to have a copy. Thank you.
Mary Grace Tompkins
Troy HIgh School
1950 Burdette Ave
Troy, NY 12180

From: Kirk Weiler kweiler@acsdny.org
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 06:50:28 EDT
To: nysmathab@mathforum.org
Subject: Free Algebra 1 E-Text

Recently, 25 middle school and high school teachers in the Arlington
Central School District finished an electronic textbook (E-Text) for our
introductory Algebra course. This effort was named "The Arlington Algebra
Project." The E-Text is comprised of approximately 120 lessons and
associated homeworks that, we believe, robustly cover the NYSED standards
for Integrated Algebra 1.

We have placed this E-Text on CD's. Included are both MS Word and Adobe
PDF files for all lessons and homeworks. We now plan to distribute it for
free to interested districts. We have copyrighted the E-Text in order to
keep it free to the public.

This E-Text was carefully developed over the span of two years using the
Understanding by Design curriculum model (Wiggins and McTighe). We are
currently using it with approximately 700 8th and 9th grade students. So
far, we are pleased with its quality and its ability to integrate graphing
calculator technology into algebraic instruction. Because the text comes
in Word files, it is easily modified for various purposes(enrichment,
I.E.P.'s, etc.).

I have attached a few of the lessons files to this post. Interested
districts can email me for a copy of the E-Text. I do ask that districts
limit themselves to one CD because it is easily copied to multiple
computers and their are some associated costs with producing the CD's.
Anyone who is interested in receiving a copy, please email me and include
the following:

(1) Your name
(2) The district/school/organization you work for
(3) A physical address that I can send the CD to

Arlington is giving this E-Text away for free because we believe that by
making resources easily available to everyone who wants them will give
teachers the time to become more creative in their activities and
assessments without having to worry about the day to day lessons and
worksheets.

Sincerely,

Kirk Weiler
Editor-in-chief
The Arlington Algebra Project
Arlington High School
LaGrangeville, NY 12540

*
*

Date Subject Author
3/31/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
jmahoney@pvcsd.org
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
atwell.r@beaconk12.org
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Ryley David
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
CHERYL COHEN
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Lisa Volland
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
blank
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Catherine Weaver
3/31/08
Read Re: RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
mathmouse363@optonline.net
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
CRANNELL, ELIZABETH A.
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Nashua Birnholz
4/1/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
spagirl@optonline.net
3/31/08
Read Re: RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
L.C.
3/31/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Fred Herbst
3/31/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
The Kline Family
3/31/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Kathy Byrne
4/1/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Johnsteven Melfi
4/1/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Perno, Kelly
3/31/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Cindy Kohl
3/31/08
Read E-Text responses
Nashua Birnholz
3/31/08
Read FOLKS PLEASE DON'T REPLY to the whole group
AAP
4/1/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Gavioli, Mary, Ph.D.
4/1/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
EHSmom@aol.com
3/31/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Sharon
6/3/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Denise Simone
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
RStasiak@clar.wnyric.org
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Kelly Stone
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
TOMPKINS, MARY
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Servant, Melissa
3/31/08
Read RE: [NEWSENDER] - RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text - Message is from an unknown sender
LeBlanc, Robert
4/1/08
Read RE: [NEWSENDER] - RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text - Message is from an unknown
sender
AFantaske@gowcsd.org
3/31/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Tony Geraci
4/1/08
Read email kweiler@acsdny.org directly (NOT THE LISTSERV) for free
algebra e-text
Thomas Mariano
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Cynthia Moran
4/3/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
D. Mulholland
4/6/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Mary-Anne Doyle
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
MWindus@brcs.wnyric.org
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
scichock@buffalo.edu
3/31/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Donna_Plain@eastiron.monroe.edu
3/31/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Ric
3/31/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
WKR918@aol.com
4/3/08
Read RE: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Provinski, Darlee
3/31/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
IPaluch@aol.com
4/13/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Stelios Orfanidis
4/13/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Stelios Orfanidis
4/13/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
ETKessler@aol.com
4/13/08
Read THERE ARE NO FREE ALGEBRA 1 E-TEXT CD'S
Kate Nowak
5/29/08
Read Re: Free Algebra 1 E-Text
Kathy Strait