Topic: What Makes Math Hard to Learn?
Replies: 35   Last Post: Jun 18, 2008 9:58 AM

Ryley David

RE: Guess and Check

Are there different regulations for Math A and Integrated Algebra? I
thought this was more cut and dried but I have received differing
answers from assorted people. Is there a separate Regents rating guide
for the new Regents exams or do all the same rules apply regarding
things like rounding and this trial-and-error issue?

Dave Ryley
Beacon, NY

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nysmathab@mathforum.org
[mailto:owner-nysmathab@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of
sorfanidis@stny.rr.com
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 1:13 PM
To: nysmathab@mathforum.org
Cc: sherry johnson
Subject: Re: Guess and Check

Sorry,

I guess I should have read the whole question...For Math A, three above
and three below...

For integrated, three trials and appropriate checks for full credit.

---- sherry johnson <sjohnso3@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> I thought that one trial had to be too high and one too low, and the
> the correct one is just right.
>
> Sherry Johnson
> Little Falls
> On May 18, 2008, at 3:45 PM, Hollis Bahruth wrote:
>

> > My belief is that there must be at least three consecutive trials
> > that lead directly to the solution, i.e. if the answer was 3,
> > they must show substitutions of at least 3 values. The following
> > are possible full credit trials: 1,2 and 3 or 3,4 and 5 2,3,
> > and 4
> > Hollis Bahruth
> > Frontier Senior High
> > On May 16, 2008, at 6:30 AM, CRANNELL, ELIZABETH A. wrote:

> >> I think there has to be 3 guesses - one of which is the correct
> >> guess.
> >>
> >> Elizabeth Crannell
> >> Oswego High School

*

Date Subject Author
2/28/08
Read What Makes Math Hard to Learn?
Robert Hazen
2/28/08
Read Re: What Makes Math Hard to Learn?
jmahoney@pvcsd.org
2/28/08
Read Re: What Makes Math Hard to Learn?
sherry
2/28/08
Read Re: What Makes Math Hard to Learn?
Robert Hazen
2/29/08
Read Re: What Makes Math Hard to Learn?
Thomas Prichard
5/15/08
Read Guess and Check
Ryley David
5/15/08
Read RE: Guess and Check
Bob Cote
5/16/08
Read RE: Guess and Check
CRANNELL, ELIZABETH A.
5/18/08
Read Re: Guess and Check
vzeeb76x@verizon.net
5/18/08
Read Re: Guess and Check
sherry
5/19/08
Read Re: Guess and Check
Stelios Orfanidis
5/19/08
Read Re: Guess and Check
Tom Kenyon
5/19/08
Read Re: Guess and Check
Stelios Orfanidis
5/19/08
Read RE: Guess and Check
Ryley David
5/20/08
Read Integrated Algebra
Don
5/20/08
Read Re: Integrated Algebra
LDodd@alli.wnyric.org
5/20/08
Read Re: Integrated Algebra
Leslie Tanner
5/20/08
Read RE: Integrated Algebra
Don
5/20/08
Read Re: Integrated Algebra
Tony George
5/21/08
Read RE: Integrated Algebra
Ryley David
5/20/08
Read Re: Integrated Algebra/special request
Tom Kenyon
5/21/08
Read RE: special request
Kate Nowak