Topic: a little light humor
Replies: 21   Last Post: Jul 11, 2008 1:49 PM

AFantaske@gowcsd.org

RE: a little light humor
winmail.dat (3.8 K)
att1.html (3.3 K)

The majority of our students calculated correctly but chose the wrong
name. Every day you hear about gas prices and where to buy the cheapest
gas and how bad it is to charge more. Less is a better choice. My dad
didn't call it the boob tube for nothin'.

"Cynthia Chuttey" <CChuttey@sfcs.k12.ny.us>
Sent by: owner-nysmathab@mathforum.org
06/18/2008 07:20 AM
Please respond to
nysmathab@mathforum.org

<nysmathab@mathforum.org>
cc

Subject
RE: a little light humor

Thanks, Tom, I was hoping someone would mention the gas mileage question.
We, too, had MANY students calculate correctly, but choose Tom with the
better mileage. 9th graders aren't filling up their tanks, yet. Perhaps
we'd have better results if the question turns up on the Math B?

Cindy