Topic: special ed students with a score of 55%
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jun 21, 2008 10:07 PM

Westendorf, Neal

RE: special ed students with a score of 55%
att1.html (9.4 K)

I checked this morning and yes they can.

I was told that this applies to students who entered 9th grade in
September '05. I do not know, however, if this date applies to just our
school as we had eliminated the low pass for local diploma early on. It
is my understanding that this applies to anyone with a 504 that
specifies 504 safety net. You need to check with your CSE chair wrt to
IEP state assessment specifications. I have not been able to determine
how this works for an IEP but it makes sense that it would be the same
because IEP students are currently eligible for the RCT.

This also means that students who are eligible but who fell just short
of the low pass of 55 need to have their papers rescored with an eye to
finding enough points for them to reach 55.

Does anyone know if this applies to the Integrated Algebra exam as well?
How about other exams?

Neal