Topic: a little light humor
Replies: 21   Last Post: Jul 11, 2008 1:49 PM

Sharon

From: NYC
Registered: 6/26/05
Re: a little light humor
att1.html (6.5 K)

This is an excellent representation of the way a student might have interpreted this problem.? Thank you for taking the time to locate it and share it.

Perhaps you should share it with SED as well :-)

Sharon :)

Perhaps if you took a look at this picture, you'd understand how something can be rectangular and go around something.?

http://penick.net/digging/images/2008_05_13%20Gardens%20on%20Tour/Spencer%20garden_pond.JPG

Assume for a moment that those blocks were stepping stones in a garden.? How would you describe that shape? I only spent a couple seconds looking for such a picture, so it's not exactly a walkway.?? But, also note, the blocks are each approximately 1 square foot.? Again, I don't find the perimeter interpretation incorrect.?? If someone said that bikers in a velodrome ride around a banked?oval path, would you correct them because the center of the oval isn't paved?

Perhaps if you took a look at this picture, you'd understand how something can be rectangular and go around something.?

http://penick.net/digging/images/2008_05_13%20Gardens%20on%20Tour/Spencer%20garden_pond.JPG

Assume for a moment that those blocks were stepping stones in a garden.? How would you describe that shape? I only spent a couple seconds looking for such a picture, so it's not exactly a walkway.?? But, also note, the blocks are each approximately 1 square foot.? Again, I don't find the perimeter interpretation incorrect.?? If someone said that bikers in a velodrome ride around a banked?oval path, would you correct them because the center of the oval isn't paved?

-Tom