Topic: How to extract data points from a plot (can't use 'ginput')
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jan 31, 2013 5:26 AM

Steven Lord

Re: How to extract data points from a plot (can't use 'ginput')

"Forrest " <Remove.this@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm using the 'psd' function to take the power spectral
> density of a waveform. Afterwards I can view the plot of
> the psd, however, I can't seem to find the data that is
> being plotted from the psd. I have the plot, but I can't
> find the x and y coordinates. I can't use ginput because
> there are 5000 data points.

Get a handle to the line that PSD plotted using FINDOBJ. Once you have that
handle, GET the XData and YData properties.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com