Topic: second largest element in a matrix
Replies: 32   Last Post: May 5, 2013 10:31 AM

Greg Heath

Re: second largest element in a matrix

On Sep 19, 12:47 am, "Steven Lord" <sl...@mathworks.com> wrote:
> "Oluwa KuIse" <wespeakfo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,
> > Can anyone pls tell me how I can find the second (or third) largest
> > element in a matrix AND its position. The max function gives the largest
> > element and its position but how do I find the second largest element and
> > its position?

> Call SORT with two output arguments.

You could also use sort on A(:).

Hope this helps.

Greg

Date Subject Author
9/18/08
Read second largest element in a matrix
Oluwa KuIse
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
stephanie
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Steven Lord
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Oluwa KuIse
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Pekka
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Oluwa KuIse
9/21/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Greg Heath
9/24/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Walter Roberson
3/4/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Justin
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Jos
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
4/7/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/7/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Paul
11/7/12
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
sssbi2009@gmail.com
11/19/12
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
dpb
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Paul
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Walter Roberson
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
5/4/13
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
tilindg1@gmail.com
5/4/13
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Nasser Abbasi
5/4/13
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
dpb
5/5/13