Topic: export pcolor to eps
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 5:41 AM

Bjorn Gustavsson

Re: export pcolor to eps

"Daniel Walker" <dwamail.nospam@gmx.ch> wrote in message <gh5o9a$aho$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Dear all,
> when exporting a pcolor map to eps, I end up with an .eps with a large part of bitmap (?) information in it (a huge matrix). A collegue told me that this happened to him only when he used transparent objects in his plots, otherwise, also a 3D surface was represented as 'neat' vector information in his eps.
> Drawing simply the map without additional objects (markers, lines, transparent yes/no) didn't change anything in my eps-structure.
> Is there at all a possibility to export the map into an eps with other than this huge matrix of information? Or do I simply expect too much of vector-like representation?

My version of matlab makes a semi-arbitrary choice to switch to either the z-buffer or gl-renderer if the plot becomes "to complex". To be sure to get the most vector-base eps I explicitly tell print to stick to the painters renderer

> I export my figure:
> print(f1,'-depsc2', 'name');
> ...any other option needed?

I'd do: