Topic: p-series error bound
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 10, 1998 2:06 PM

Alvar J. Garcia

Re: p-series error bound

I spoke in haste. You are correct, we know when a p-series is convergent,
we don't always know what it converges to. I was thinking of the
p-integrals:
int(1/x^p,x,0,inf)=1/(p-1), p>1
int(1/x^p,x,0,1)=1/(1-p), 0<p<1

Regards,

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, JOHN KING wrote:
> Where can I find those sums? I know that when p=2, the sum is pi^2/6,
> and I think I recall sums for the even powers; what about the odd
> powers? What about rational powers?

A. Jorge Garcia Teacher/Professor Mathematics/CompSci BaldwinSHS/NassauCC
The Calculus Page http://freenet.buffalo.edu/~aj317
WorkBook Orders mailto:sffbookclub@compuserve.com
All Other EMail mailto:aj317@freenet.buffalo.edu