Topic: stop teaching shifting & stretching?
Replies: 14   Last Post: Oct 19, 1998 8:58 AM

Jerry Uhl

Re: stop teaching shifting & stretching?

Not at all.
-Jerry Uhl
At 1:54 PM -0400 10/12/98, William J. Larson wrote:
>Since my calculus students will have graphers, is it the =
>consensus that I should stop teaching my precalculus =
>students such tricks to aide graphing as shifting & stretching =
>functions and symmetry? I'd love to stop teaching this, because it =
>would free time for other "essential" topics, which I do not =
>get to.
>Bill Larson

Jerry Uhl juhl@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Professor of Mathematics 1409 West Green Street
University of Illinois Urbana,Illinois 61801
Matrices, Geometry&Mathematica Development Team

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.
-----Albert Einstein