Topic: -1 x -1 ?
Replies: 29   Last Post: May 13, 2009 9:01 AM

David R Tribble

Re: -1 x -1 ?

Mensanator wrote:
> If North is positive and you're facing South,
> what's your displacement if you take a step backwards?

One step? ;-)

Perhaps you meant: if I'm standing at -1, the South pole,
and I move -1, one step backwards, what is my new location?

I guess that would depend on how large the world is.
If half a step gets me to the North pole, then a full
step gets me back to the South Pole.

But why are you taking steps, which are additive instead of
multiplicative?