Topic: serial communication with hex strings
Replies: 6   Last Post: Dec 28, 2012 11:31 AM

David Robbins

Re: serial communication with hex strings

"Ken " <robinson@kuchera.com> wrote in message <glsl90$gni$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Im trying to output a HEX string to a camera to makes it turn a filter on. The command is '8101040102FF'. I've made a small m.file to do it. When i run the m.file the filter doesnt turn on.
> Im not sure if the HEX string is being output ftom the m.file to the com port because nothing happens.
>
> code
>
> s=serial('COM1');
> set(s,'BaudRate', 9600);
> set(s,'DataBits', 8);
> set(s,'StopBits', 1);
> fopen(s);
> Str=('8101040102FF');
> sprintf('%s %X','8101040102FF')
> fclose(s);

your sprintf statement is malformed. you have 2 substitutions, %s and %X but only one value which is a string.

and are you sure the camera wants the digits as a string, or does it want them as binary bytes?