Topic: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Replies: 71   Last Post: Apr 11, 2009 9:24 PM

Student of Math

Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory

On Feb 16, 2:13 pm, Aatu Koskensilta <aatu.koskensi...@uta.fi> wrote:
> Student of Math <omar.hosse...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Any ways, there is my short paper and the idea of it is so simple to
> > understand.

> What paper is that?
>

> > I shwed that The set which its exsitence is asserted by axiom of
> > infinity, and it has no elements with an infinite descending chain
> > each a member of the next is of the form (1) (the equation (1) in my
> > paper), but (1) is not first-order experssible.

> It is well known that if ZFC is consistent it has non-wellfounded
> models, e.g. by simple appeal to compactness. It seems you attach some
> obscure significance to this technicality. Why is that?
>
> --
> Aatu Koskensilta (aatu.koskensi...@uta.fi)
>
> "Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen"
>  - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus

You can not advise consistency of ZF by its models, as there is no
proof of the claim that
ZF has a model. As you must know a first-order theory is consistent if
and onlu if it has a model.
So you have assumed S be true, and then you discuss if S is true or
false?!

Date Subject Author
2/12/09
Read Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Student of Math
2/12/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
lwalke3@lausd.net
2/13/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
David C. Ullrich
2/13/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Student of Math
2/13/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
2/16/09
Read the usual lies about me
amy666
2/20/09
Read Re: the usual lies about me
hagman
2/16/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Student of Math
2/17/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
David C. Ullrich
2/18/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Student of Math
2/18/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Jack Markan
2/19/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
David C. Ullrich
2/19/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
amy666
2/20/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
David C. Ullrich
2/22/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
amy666
2/22/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Tim Little
2/27/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
David Libert
2/23/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
David C. Ullrich
2/24/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Student of Math
2/24/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Jack Markan
3/20/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
lwalke3@lausd.net
3/20/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Jesse F. Hughes
3/21/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
lwalke3@lausd.net
4/11/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Student of Math
4/11/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Tim Little
2/21/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Student of Math
2/21/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Mariano
2/22/09
[...]
2/25/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Tim Little
2/22/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
2/22/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Mariano
2/23/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Jack Markan
2/23/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Dave Seaman
2/24/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Student of Math
2/24/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
2/24/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
David C. Ullrich
2/24/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Dave Seaman
2/26/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
David R Tribble
2/16/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Student of Math
2/16/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Aatu Koskensilta
2/16/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
Mariano
2/16/09
Read Re: Inconsistency of the usual axioms of set theory
victor_meldrew_666@yahoo.co.uk
2/16/09
[...]
3/19/09