The Math Forum

Topic: Is FinallyFast.com Any Good?
Replies: 11   Last Post: Feb 28, 2009 6:10 AM

Tim Smith

Re: Is FinallyFast.com Any Good?

In article
<13239140.1235808415028.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org>,
Jonathan Groves <JGroves@Kaplan.edu> wrote:
> > If you want to run some more online scans (you said
> > Symantec didn't
> > find anything), here are some additional sites:
> >
> > Trend Micro
> > <http://housecall.trendmicro.com/>
> >
> > Panda Security
> > <http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/acti
> > vescan/>
> >
> > Kaspersky Lab
> > <http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner>

> Are these free scanners? Or do they claim to be free

They scan for free. If there is a problem, it will cost you to have
them fix it. There's nothing hidden about it.

If you don't want to pay them to fix the problems, you can still use
their free scans to find the problems, note the names of the viruses or
spyware they find, and then Google those names. You should find sites
that way that give you instructions for removing the infection by hand.

> but contain hidden charges? I know it's possible those
> websites claiming FinallyFast.com isn't free despite
> what the commercials say could instead be the liars and
> not FinallyFast.com. I don't know who's lying and

It looks like they give a free scan to find, but not fix, problems, and
then offer a paid version that will fix problems.

--
--Tim Smith