The Math Forum

Topic: Deleting entire row and/or column
Replies: 10   Last Post: Apr 5, 2009 6:34 AM

mike.honeychurch@gmail.com

Re: Deleting entire row and/or column

On Apr 1, 2:50 pm, KFUPM <hussain.alqaht...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I have large matrices having entire rows and/or columns of zeros and I
> want to delete those zero rows and columns. My question, what is the
> best (most compact) command to use in Mathematica. Please note that
> the value of zero is the real zero i.e 0.0000 not just 0.
>
> Regards,

yourMatrix /. x_ /;x == 0 -> Sequence[]

or if that doesn't work then

yourMatrix /. x : (_Real | _Integer) /; N[x] == 0. -> Sequence[]

you could change this to Chop[x] is the values ->0 could be considered
zero.

Mike