Topic: please help me with my homework.
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 21, 2009 5:06 PM

KB

Re: please help me with my homework.

Laurel wrote:
> I have 2 similar triangles. JKL is similar PQR.
> PQR=
> QR=x
> RP=84
> Height=y
>
> JK=13
> KL=13
> LJ=24
> Height=5
>
> Question:
> a. Find the scale factor of JKL to PQR and the values of x and y
> b. Find the perimeters of both triangles.
> c. Find the area of both triangles.
> d. Compare the ratio of perimeters to the ratios of area of JKL to PQR. what do you notice?

___________________________________

Hi, Here are my thoughts.

84/24 = 3.1/1
JKL PQR
x = 3.5(13) y = 3.5(5)
= 45.5 = 17.5

JKL PQR

Area = 1/2(5)(5) Area = 1/2(17.5)(17.5)
= 32.5 = 398.125

Per. = 13+13+24 Per. = 45.5+45.5+84
= 50 = 175

Per. Ratio

175/50 = 3.5

Please let me know how I did. I'm really getting too old for this, even
my hair hurts.

All my best.

Ken B