Topic: changing a 2D array into a 3D array
Replies: 6   Last Post: May 10, 2013 7:29 PM

Heng Sun

Re: changing a 2D array into a 3D array

This is a nice solution. Now I have a converse problem. Using Jos example

A = rand(2,4) ;
N = 3 ;
B = repmat(A,[1 1 N])

So I have a 3D array coming from 2D array. Now I take average along first dimension:

C = mean(B, 1);

I still have a 3D array, though the first dimension has length 1. I really would like to convert it to a 2D matrix for later computation. How do I do it without using loops?

Many thanks!

Heng