Topic: Masking tool/ blanking cell for bathymetry
Replies: 4   Last Post: May 9, 2013 10:28 AM

jared

Re: Masking tool/ blanking cell for bathymetry

"Yvonne " <hwt3@waikato.ac.nz> wrote in message <gtjtn1$50c$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write a code to mask all the land value for my bathymetry grid. The land points were manually digitised. Is there any suggestions on how to create a mask or a blanking cell for the land boundaries and the area that I do not want in my grid?
>
> Thank you

Bathymetry? Cool.

Some of the grids have earth topography as well as ocean bathymetry. If you are using one of those mixed grids you could try a simple conditionally indexed filter if the data is normalized to zero at sea surface:

Z(Z>0)=NaN;

That would effectively mask out the land masses.

vgood, banished vgood