Topic: Masking tool/ blanking cell for bathymetry
Replies: 4   Last Post: May 9, 2013 10:28 AM

Rune Allnor

Re: Masking tool/ blanking cell for bathymetry

On 3 Mai, 13:04, "Yvonne " <h...@waikato.ac.nz> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to write a code to mask all the land value for my bathymetry grid. The land points were manually digitised. Is there any suggestions on how to create a mask or a blanking cell for the land boundaries and the area that I do not want in my grid?

Try to set all the z-values of the land data points to NaN:

zv= exp(-(xv.^2+yv.^2))-0.9;

trimesh(t,xv,yv,zv) % Plots all data points

trimesh(t,xv,yv,Zv) % Leaves out points with z-values > 0.