Topic: Wolfram Alpha's response on "Who is Euler?"
Replies: 16   Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 5:40 PM

Bart Goddard

Re: Wolfram Alpha's response on business model

Peter <Peter.Luschny@googlemail.com> wrote in news:9907f2b5-0bad-4e8e-

> On 21 Mai, 16:39, Bart Goddard <goddar...@netscape.net> wrote:
>> I typed in my name, and it came back with the distance
>> from Goddard, Kansas to Bart, France.  4951 miles or
>> 9 hours.

> ;-)) You are not the only one.
> Florian Rheinstetten entered his name. Here is the answer:
> http://www55.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Florian+Rheinstetten
> I like these examples. Aren't informations put in an unexpected
> perspective the germ of creativity, of innovation? Any yes,
> this is what I expect /in the long run/ from a system like Alpha.
> P. S. Interestingly Alpha gave a different answer when I asked:
> Bart to Goddard | 6525 km (kilometers) | 7 hours 20 minutes
> An American engine which knows the metric system!
> This by itself means innovation ;-))

As an American, I'm not too familiar with this godless, communard
metric system, so could you explain how the conversion from 9 hours
to 7 hours 20 minutes works?

And I suppose someone should point out that it's going to take
at least 9 hours to get from Goddard Kansas to the seat of an
airplane that can cross the Atlantic.

Cheerfully resisting change since 1959.