Topic: Wolfram Alpha's response on "Who is Euler?"
Replies: 16   Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 5:40 PM

Peter Luschny

Re: Wolfram Alpha's response on business model

On 21 Mai, 18:54, Bart Goddard <goddar...@netscape.net> wrote:
>> Peter <Peter.Lusc...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> P. S. Interestingly Alpha gave a different answer when I asked:
>> Bart to Goddard | 6525 km (kilometers) | 7 hours 20 minutes
>> An American engine which knows the metric system!
>> This by itself means innovation ;-))

> As an American, I'm not too familiar with this godless, communard
> metric system, so could you explain how the conversion from 9 hours
> to 7 hours 20 minutes works?

Well, that's easy. If you use the metric system you drive a Porsche
but when you use the United States customary system (also called
the Imperial system because standardized by the British Empire)
you drive a Buick or a Saturn.