Topic: Wolfram Alpha's response on "Who is Euler?"
Replies: 16   Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 5:40 PM

Phil Carmody

Re: Wolfram Alpha's response on business model

Richard Fateman <fateman@cs.berkeley.edu> writes:
> Vladimir and others, can see Wolfram's own words re business model.
> http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/05/blog_epicenter_0511_wolframlevy/
>
> re Peter's view that saying Alpha is a failure is like saying
> computers can't play chess (ever) in 1968.
>
> My assumption is that Alpha will get better. How much better is
> impossible to predict.

Given that it's entirely unable to give any useful information
at all to people using lynx, links, or w3m as a browser, and
presumably most screenreaders, I'd say it was worse than, erm,
Christ knows - WAIS? That's a step back how many decades?

Phil
--
Marijuana is indeed a dangerous drug.
It causes governments to wage war against their own people.