Topic: Math refresher
Replies: 6   Last Post: Aug 8, 2013 1:50 PM

Frederick Williams

Re: Math refresher

Krish wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I used to love Math as a child. I studied Math all the way up to my
> Engineering classes. This was many many years ago.
>
> I want to get started again in the exciting world of Algebra and Calculus.
>
> As you know that there is so much of material is available online itself.
>
> Can you please give me some pointers to get started. I suppose, I don't
> want to get lost in this pool of information. I am looking for some
> structure about my re-learning.

Start with something specific. ODE's encompass algebra and calculus, so
how about

Hirsch & Smale, _Differential Equations, Dynamical Systems and Linear
Algebra_, Academic Press?

--
... when we came back, late, from the hyacinth garden,
Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not