The Math Forum

Topic: How to prove that angle in a Circle is 2 Pi Rads ?
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 9:23 AM

K. E. Pledger

Re: How to prove that angle in a Circle is 2 Pi Rads ?

In article
<659af571-e444-4af9-adfd-a0efd8be622b@f10g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
calvin <crice5@windstream.net> wrote:

> I've often wondered how the ancients were able to
> find the value of pi so precisely as to know that
> it is not rational....

AFAIK they didn't. The irrationals in Euclid Book X are all
algebraic numbers built up from square roots.

Ken Pledger.