Topic: What should be a simple task....
Replies: 15   Last Post: Jun 16, 2009 9:51 PM

AES

Re: What should be a simple task....

In article <h0nuoh$bhh$1@smc.vnet.net>,
"Nelson-Patel, Kristin" <knp@ll.mit.edu> wrote:

> Fine, I can deal with that, but I can't deal with the fact that my simple
> plots look completely ratty now upon pasting into Power Point.

The following may, or may not, be relevant . . .

I had an experience some time back in which I was placing (pasting,
inserting) PDF files (Mathematic-prepared or otherwise prepared) into
PowerPoint slides, and discovering that they all looked lousy (jaggies)
the instant I resized them in any way.

Eventually concluded that PowerPoint was apparently only displaying the
preview/thumbnail associated with the PDF files. The full Postscript
code for the PDFs was apparently stored in the PowerPoint slides,
because they printed flawlessly direct from PowerPoint; but the onscreen
rendering or projection (even in Full Screen mode) was apparently only
using the thumbnail.

Being paranoid, I concluded that this was just good old Microsoft,
deliberately making non-MS formats look bad for anticompetitive reasons;
so ever since then I've done _all_ my slide preparation, storage, and
presentation using PDF formats and Adobe or other non-MS products only
(Reader or Acrobat are great slide show presentation apps), and ditched
all MS products.

But, as noted at the start, this was some years back.