Topic: What should be a simple task....
Replies: 15   Last Post: Jun 16, 2009 9:51 PM

David Reiss

Re: What should be a simple task....

The following seems to work:

1) click on the graph (not the cell bracket)
2) Right click and choose "Save Graphic As...}
3) Save the result as an EPS

then, in Excel do

4) In the Insert menu choose "Picture"
5) Choose the eps file that you saved from Mathematica
6) The eps is inserted

I did this with success using MS Office 2008 on a Mac.

Hope this helps...

--David

On Jun 10, 5:35 am, "Nelson-Patel, Kristin" <k...@ll.mit.edu> wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> I am an analyst (applied physics and math) who has to present all
> of my work in Power Point briefings, sometimes on paper, sometimes
> electronically. I vastly prefer working in Mathematica to another system;
> however, I'm currently ham strung by my inability to transfer simple
> plots from Mathematica 7 to Power Point 2007 in a way that looks decent.
>
> In previous versions of both, I was able to Copy As: Metafile by right
> clicking on the plot in Mathematica and Paste Special: Metafile in
> Power Point, and all would be well (Ok, I had to tweak line thickness
> settings and fonts in my plots to make them survive the transfer, but
> that was fine). Now, I have select the whole cell rather than just
> the plot to get the Copy As: metafile option, and I have to go all the
> way to the menu bar to do it (no longer an option on the right click).
> Fine, I can deal with that, but I can't deal with the fact that my simple
> plots look completely ratty now upon pasting into Power Point.
>
> There's all this stair stepping in curves which should be smooth.
> I've played with the PlotPoints option-no effect. I've exported into
> different form ats with varying ImageResolution and imported; Either the
> fonts get screwed up or it looks even worse or there's ugly aliasing or
> no effect on the stair stepping. I've exported to PDF and snapshot-cop=

ied