Topic: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Replies: 39   Last Post: Jun 27, 2009 11:09 PM

Jan Burse

Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?

Jan Burse schrieb:
> step line21 = eqReflex("y");
> lemma helper2 {
> step line22 = modusPonens(line21,helper1);
> return line22;
> }
>
> The verification could also be done by constant evaluation,
> a compiler could do this at compile time. We could combine
> proofs and other code. Maybe use proofs in assertions. Wow!

And BTW, all the stuff can be packaged in normal programming
modules, or even in classes, including the types lemma and
step! And we can use qualified names to refer to the axioms,
inference rules, steps and lemmas, i.e.:

Euclid.lemma77
Minimal.modusPonens

But since we started with C, and continued with the C programming
analog, we will not end in something readable. Program code
is normally judged by non programmers as very technical. And I
have some ideas why this is the case.

So maybe we should not take C as a template to build our proof
language, but something else. Some grammatical constructs that
are found in natural language. For example adjectives. I think
Mizar has adjectes...

Bye

Date Subject Author
6/21/09
Read Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Andrew Tomazos
6/21/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Jan Burse
[...]
6/24/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Andrew Tomazos
6/25/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
MeAmI.org
6/25/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Jan Burse
6/26/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Andrew Tomazos
6/27/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Jan Burse
6/27/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Andrew Tomazos
6/27/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Jan Burse
6/27/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Andrew Tomazos
6/27/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Joshua Cranmer
6/27/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Andrew Tomazos
6/21/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Marshall
6/21/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Spiros Bousbouras
6/24/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Tim Smith
6/21/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Charlie-Boo
6/21/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
William Elliot
6/22/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
MeAmI.org
6/22/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
MeAmI.org
6/23/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Slawomir
6/24/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
David Bernier
6/24/09