Topic: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Replies: 39   Last Post: Jun 27, 2009 11:09 PM

Jan Burse

Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?

Andrew Tomazos schrieb:
> If I could get a sketch of the proof for the theorem using any of the
> above in natural language that would be great. Once I see how the
> proof works, and what it depends on, I will have a better idea where
> to put stuff.
> -Andrew.

(c) Jan Burse

In my young years I tried the following:

a^2 + b^2 = c^2

Thus:
b*b = c*c - a*a
b*b = (c+a) * (c-a)
n*q*m*n*q*m = n*q*n * q*m*m (factorization of b, c+a, c-a sic!)

Thus:
b = q* m*n
c+a = q* n^2
c-a = q* m^2

Thus:
b = q* m*n
a = (c+a-(c-a))/2 = (q*n^2-q*m^2)/2
c = (c+a+c-a) /2 = (q*n^2+q*m^2)/2

Thus:
b = q *m*n
a = q *(n^2-m^2)/2
c = q *(n^2+m^2)/2

Works also for m+n even or q even.

Bye

Date Subject Author
6/21/09
Read Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Andrew Tomazos
6/21/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Jan Burse
[...]
6/24/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Andrew Tomazos
6/25/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
MeAmI.org
6/25/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Jan Burse
6/26/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Andrew Tomazos
6/27/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Jan Burse
6/27/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Andrew Tomazos
6/27/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Jan Burse
6/27/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Andrew Tomazos
6/27/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Joshua Cranmer
6/27/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Andrew Tomazos
6/21/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Marshall
6/21/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Spiros Bousbouras
6/24/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Tim Smith
6/21/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Charlie-Boo
6/21/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
William Elliot
6/22/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
MeAmI.org
6/22/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
MeAmI.org
6/23/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
Slawomir
6/24/09
Read Re: Formal Proof Language Example - Human-Readable?
David Bernier
6/24/09