Topic: Conjecture Prime
Replies: 33   Last Post: Apr 26, 2013 7:21 AM

Guest

Watch Watch this User
Re: Conjecture Prime

On Jun 24, 10:39 pm, ab <hobk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2:34 pm, Musatov <marty.musa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > what does this last statement mean? are you asserting the equation is
> > > either prime or composite? well of course it is.

> > > or do you mean in the instance of a composite number it will have at
> > > least two *unique* primes factors? in other words the equation is
> > > anything except the square of a prime?

> > I mean it to say when "n" is even we plug it in the equation...
>
> > for example
>
> > ((2*2))((2*2)+2))-1
> > IS
> > 4*6-1=23 Prime

> > Now when I say it produces prime number or composites, I am saying it
> > produces ALL primes, except when it does not
> > it will produce at least two prime factors from the exception
> > COMPOSITES.

> unique prime factors? or do you allow a prime repeated, for example
> (N*N)((N*N)+2) - 1 = p^2

It's not up to me, I am stating factual discovery. Or at least is is
my intent. I cannot see how multiplying to even numbers with a
difference of two will allow for a composite square with a identical
prime factors.

Do you?

I am asking. I have not included it in my conjecture because to tell
you the truth I simply do not know the answer. Do you? What are the
implications either way?

Thank you,

Martin Musatov