Topic: Conjecture Prime
Replies: 33   Last Post: Apr 26, 2013 7:21 AM

ab

Re: Conjecture Prime

On Jun 25, 2:47 pm, Musatov <marty.musa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not up to me, I am stating factual discovery. Or at least is is
> my intent. I cannot see how multiplying to even numbers with a
> difference of two will allow for a composite square with a identical
> prime factors.
>
> Do you?
>
> I am asking.  I have not included it in my conjecture because to tell
> you the truth I simply do  not know the answer. Do you?  What are the
> implications either way?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Martin Musatov

when you assert "this number is prime, or composite with at least two
prime factors", well ALL composites have at least two prime factors,
that's what composite means, unless you require that the prime factors
be distinct. so you are saying "this number is prime or composite",
which is of course trivially true.

but if you require at least two distinct primes, you are then
asserting for even N, (N*N)(N*N +2) - 1 is not a prime squared.