Topic: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Replies: 47   Last Post: Feb 8, 2014 8:41 PM

Guest

Watch Watch this User
Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture

Musatov wrote:
Richard Heathfield wrote:
> Musatov said:
>

> > On Jun 26, 1:20 pm, John H. Guillory <jo...@communicomm.com>
> > wrote:

> <snip>
> >> So would that make 3.25 a prime number?
> >
> > A decimal number is not by classical definition prime.

> Numbers aren't decimal. They're numbers. Decimal is a system for
> /representing/ numbers textually.
>

> > Though if
> > you have an idea of a decimal equivalent of primality, I would
> > love to hear it.

> It's a meaningless concept. Primality has nothing to do with
> representation.
>
> --
> Email: -http://www. +rjh@
> Forged article? See
> http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/usenet/comp.lang.c/msgauth.php

Dear Mr. Heathfield,

I agree with you in the classical proof sense primality is as much
governed by physics as it is counting numbers we choose to represent
quantities.

My intention with this reference is providing a means to interface
between prime numbers to the left of the decimal point and decimal
numbers to the right of the decimal point. Perhaps a system where 3.17
refers to two primes, and this sense I am speaking mostly toward
computation, but again I assert, numbers to the left or right of the
decimal, are still just numbers.

I have always been fascinated by this notion:

Numerically, our representations do not appear uniform instinctually,
to me at least.

Here is an example.

If we say, "What 10 is to 20 is not what 2.2 is to 3.3," is there any
truth in proportion to justify this assertion in physics or
mathematics?

We are simply counting.

10 is to 20
...is...
20 is 2x 10

2.2 is to 3.3
...is...
3.3 is 1.5x 2.2
...or...
1/2 of 2.2+2.2=3.3
...or...
1/2 of 2.2=1.1*3=3.33

1 and 1/2 of 2.2=3.3
...or...
1.5 of 2.2=3.3

So there is a split of

1/2+2/5+3/5=15/10
.5+.4+.6=1.5

...And...

1/2*2/5*3/5=x
x=5/10*4/10*6/10=120/10=1.2

.5*.4*.6=1.2

Theorem: use of a set of given quantities.

Rule: adding the set produces at least the product.

Proof(1a): 1 apple + 2 apples + 3 apples=6 apples.

Proof(1b):1 apple * 2 apples * 3 apples=6 apples.

Proof(2a): 5 apples + 4 apples + 6 apples =16 apples.

Proof(2b): 5 apples * 4 apples * 6 apples=120 apples.

Contradiction: in the above example the sum=1.5 and the product=1.2.

Fallacy: Multiplying quantities of items does not shrink them. This
applies to measurements and transforms.

But as we count from 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3

10/1.1 = 9.0909091
20/2.2 = 9.0909091
30/3.3 = 9.0909091

What 1
...is to...
10
...is...
What 2.2 is 22

Proof: 1.1/10=.11
2.2/20=.1
2.2/22=.11

Martin Musatov

Date Subject Author
6/20/09
Read Prime Generalization Conjecture
MeAmI.org
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
CBFalconer
6/21/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
MeAmI.org
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
John H. Guillory
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/29/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Peter Nilsson
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Alf P. Steinbach
6/30/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Dik T. Winter
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
7/7/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Alan Morgan
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/12/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
7/13/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/15/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
8/24/09
Read Musatov Prime 2 + 3
Guest
8/24/09
Read Musatov Prime 2 + 3
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Ed Prochak
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
William Elliot
6/20/09
Read Revised Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Revised Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
2/8/14