Topic: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Replies: 47   Last Post: Feb 8, 2014 8:41 PM

Guest

Watch Watch this User
Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture

Musatov worte:
Musatov wrote:
> [...]

> > <snip>
> > >
> > > A decimal number is not by classical definition prime.

> > Numbers aren't decimal. They're numbers. Decimal is a system for
> > /representing/ numbers textually.
> >

> > > Though if
> > > you have an idea of a decimal equivalent of primality, I would
> > > love to hear it.

> > It's a meaningless concept. Primality has nothing to do with
> > representation.
> >
> > --
> > Richard Heathfield <http://www.cpax.org.uk>
> > Email: -http://www. +rjh@
> > Forged article? See
> > http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/usenet/comp.lang.c/msgauth.php
> > "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29 July 1999

> Dear Mr. Heathfield,
>
> I agree with you in the classical proof sense primality is as much
> governed by physics as it is counting numbers we choose to represent
> quantities.
>
> My intention with this reference is providing a means to interface
> between prime numbers to the left of the decimal point and decimal
> numbers to the right of the decimal point. Perhaps a system where 3.17
> refers to two primes, and this sense I am speaking mostly toward
> computation, but again I assert, numbers to the left or right of the
> decimal, are still just numbers.
>
> I have always been fascinated by this notion:
>
> Numerically, our representations do not appear uniform instinctually,
> to me at least.
>
> Here is an example.
>
> If we say, "What 10 is to 20 is not what 2.2 is to 3.3," is there any
> truth in proportion to justify this assertion in physics or
> mathematics?
>
> We are simply counting.
>
> 10 is to 20
> ...is...
> 20 is 2x 10
>
> 2.2 is to 3.3
> ...is...
> 3.3 is 1.5x 2.2
> ...or...
> 1/2 of 2.2+2.2=3.3
> ...or...
> 1/2 of 2.2=1.1*3=3.33
>
> 1 and 1/2 of 2.2=3.3
> ...or...
> 1.5 of 2.2=3.3
>
> So there is a split of
>
> 1/2+2/5+3/5=15/10
> .5+.4+.6=1.5
>
> ...And...
>
> 1/2*2/5*3/5=x
> x=5/10*4/10*6/10=120/10=1.2
>
> .5*.4*.6=1.2
>
> Theorem: use of a set of given quantities.
>
> Rule: adding the set produces at least the product.
>
> Proof(1a): 1 apple + 2 apples + 3 apples=6 apples.
>
> Proof(1b):1 apple * 2 apples * 3 apples=6 apples.
>
> Proof(2a): 5 apples + 4 apples + 6 apples =15 apples.
>
> Proof(2b): 5 apples * 4 apples * 6 apples=120 apples.
>
> Contradiction: in the above example the sum=1.5 and the product=1.2.
>
> Fallacy: Multiplying quantities of items does not shrink them. This
> applies to measurements and transforms.
>
> But as we count from 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3

Date Subject Author
6/20/09
Read Prime Generalization Conjecture
MeAmI.org
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
CBFalconer
6/21/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
MeAmI.org
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
John H. Guillory
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/29/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Peter Nilsson
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Alf P. Steinbach
6/30/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Dik T. Winter
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
7/7/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Alan Morgan
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/12/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
7/13/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/15/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
8/24/09
Read Musatov Prime 2 + 3
Guest
8/24/09
Read Musatov Prime 2 + 3
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Ed Prochak
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
William Elliot
6/20/09
Read Revised Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Revised Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
2/8/14