Topic: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Replies: 47   Last Post: Feb 8, 2014 8:41 PM

Guest

Watch Watch this User
Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture

Martin Musatov wrote:
Peter Nilsson wrote:
> Richard Heathfield <r...@see.sig.invalid> wrote:
> > CBFalconer said:

> Every prime is exactly half of +1?!

> > > Oh? 3 is 'another number'. 3+1 = 4 (usually). 4/2 = 2 (usually).

> > Division has precedence over addition. Even if it didn't,
> > associativity would be left to right unless specified otherwise.

> If I have 4 dollars and 20 cents, what is half the dollars and cents?
>
> a) $1.20
> b) $2.10
> c) $2.20
> d) $2.40
>
> --
> Peter

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your reply. Before I respond to your question, please
allow me a brief moment to clarify my conjecture:

"Musatov's Prime Generalization Conjecture": Every prime greater than
2 is 2n+1=P.

2*1+1=3
2*2+1=5
2*20+1=41

(1)Is my conjecture provable?

Okay, thanks for your patience.

Peter, the answer to the question is "b)2.10".

But please bear with me and consider the following scenario:

Suppose I have three quantities of loose coins:

1) $0.50
2) $0.40
3) $0.60

The sum of the three quantities is $1.50.

Now suppose we are multiplying those same three quantities of coins:

$0.50*$0.40*$0.60

.50*.40=.20

And...

.20*.60=$0.12.

(2)Why should multiplying our money result in a loss of $1.38 or a 92%
loss?

If the three sums were dollars the case would be different.

$50+$40+$60=$150
$50*$40+$60=$1200

I do understand how to solve the problem literally, but chose to show
this example to prove decimal representations fail basic rationale.

++
Musatov

Date Subject Author
6/20/09
Read Prime Generalization Conjecture
MeAmI.org
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
CBFalconer
6/21/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
MeAmI.org
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
John H. Guillory
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/29/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Peter Nilsson
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Alf P. Steinbach
6/30/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Dik T. Winter
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
7/7/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Alan Morgan
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/12/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
7/13/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/15/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
8/24/09
Read Musatov Prime 2 + 3
Guest
8/24/09
Read Musatov Prime 2 + 3
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Ed Prochak
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
William Elliot
6/20/09
Read Revised Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Revised Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
2/8/14