Topic: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Replies: 441   Last Post: Feb 5, 2013 6:25 AM

Guest

Watch Watch this User
Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter

On Jul 1, 6:40 pm, "Dik T. Winter" <Dik.Win...@cwi.nl> wrote:

> [...]

> is a path that was not included in your bijection? And when you add the
> sequence 01010101... instead of 000... the bijection does not include 000...
> which is also a path in your tree.

> > > Is *that* a definition of "covering a path"? But if your paths cover all
> > > nodes, there is no such path.

> > That' swhy you cannot find it.

> Yes, but not yet given any definition about "covering a path"... And there
> are paths present in the tree where all nodes in the path are also covered
> by other paths. Consider the tree as you presented (starting with a list
> of nodes, of which only finitely many are labeled with 1, and, yes, I do
> admit that that list is countable). You created a mapping of paths to nodes
> such that each node was covered by a path. Also you did admit that the path
> 01010101... was also in the tree, but your mapping did *not* include that path.
> So you did exhaust all nodes but not all paths.
>
> Now come up with a *bijection* between the set of nodes and the set of paths
> in your tree, and be sure that there is *no* path in the tree that is not part
> of that bijection. Only when that is done I will believe in your so-called
> bijection.
>
> We start with the following definitions:
> a node is a finite sequence of 0's and 1's
> a path is an infinite sequence of 0's and 1's
> If you do not agree with these definitions, provide your own definitions.

> > > And the path .0101010101... is not in that bijection, nevertheless there
> > > is no node in the tree that is *not* covered by that path. So you did
> > > show only a bijection between a subset of the paths with the nodes.

> > I showed hat all paths are in the tree that can be identified by
> > nodes.

> Yes, so you did not show a bijection. That is more than what you do state now.

> > > Eh? You explicitly did state (as I did quote):
> > > "From that we can obtain that the number 1/3 is also in a list of
> > > terminating rationals."
> > > I would state this to mean that 1/3 is a terminating rational.

> > All that can be identified of 1/3 belongs to a terminating rational.
> > Your "..." has no meaning in rigorous mathematics.

> So you would like to abolish limits from rigorous mathematics? Do you have
> any idea about the meaning of the "..." there in rigorous mathematics? I
> do not think so.
>
> Moreover, one left-over question you always snip and never answer:
>
> (1) FISON{n} = {1, 2, 3, ..., n}
> union(k = 1...n) FISON(k) is a FISON
> so
> union(k = 1...oo) FISON(k) is a FISON
>
> (2) P(n) = 1/n! is rational
> sum(k = 1...n) P(k) is rational
> so
> sum(K = 1...oo) P(k) is rational
>
> can you explaing why (1) is correct but (2) is wrong (that is what you state)?
> --
> dik t. winter, cwi, science park 123, 1098 xg amsterdam, nederland, +31205924131

Because (2) is wrong and (1) is correct below:
Results 1 - 10 for musatov bijection. (0.68 seconds)

1.
Answer to Dik T. Winter - sci.math | Google Groups
the bijection of the rationals > 0 and the naturals I have so
often shown, .... Cosmic Lensing os very handy for Musatov's proof
P=NP<<>> ... May 27 by ...
groups.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/2f0140fa143ab15f
2.
Math Forum Discussions
that for every x in X there is a bijection between ... furnishes
such a bijection. If E_x is "infinite to the ... Martin Michael
Musatov. 6/11/09 ...
mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?messageID=6749040&tstart=0
3.
[PDF]
[cs ...
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Apr 20, 2009 ... performs a bijection between L ...... D.
Musatov, Extractors and an effective variant of Muchnik's theorem.
Diplom (Master thesis). ...
arxiv.org/pdf/0904.3116
by D Musatov
4.
Math Forum Discussions
On May 14, 12:07 pm, Martin Musatov <marty.musa...@gmail.com>
wrote: ... forums ... write bijections between any infinite set S and S
\F for any ...
mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?messageID=6714416&tstart=0
5.
Integer Format Sequence for linbox-use - linbox-use | Google
Groups
May 3, 2009 ... From: Martin Michael Musatov
<marty.musa...@gmail.com> ..... D A000045 N.S.S.Gu,N.Y.Li and
T.Mansour,2-Binary trees:bijections ...
groups.google.com/group/linbox-use/browse.../7bc6976f1181638c
6.
Variations on a theme of Debs and Saint Raymond
remarkable theorem which includes that of Ivasev-Musatov as a
particular case. Theorem 8. ...... be a bijection. Set N(0) = 0, ? ...
jlms.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/79/1/33.pdf
by TW Korner - 2009 - Related articles - All 5 versions
7.
Result for query "keyword(s)=theorem author= title="
On a theorem of Ivasev-Musatov III, ...... by Theorem;
bijection, we get that the theorem holds for all $\pi(\lambda)$ with;
_ \chi(G_ 1)$, see \cite KR. ...
nyjm.albany.edu:8000/cgi-bin/aglimpse/19/nyjm/Http/.../j?...
8.
[PDF]
ABOUT INTERPOLATION OF SUBSPACES OF REARRANGEMENT INVARIANT
SPACES ...
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
and G is bijective. Theorem 1.5. Let r.i.s.'s X ...... "Mir",.
Moscow, 1965 (Russian), translated from English by O. S. Ivasev
Musatov. ...
www.emis.de/journals/HOA/IJMMS/Volume25_7/465.pdf
by SV ASTASHKIN - Cited by 9 - Related articles
9.
Proving the Parallel Postulate of Geometry from the Number
Systems ...
May 28, 2009 ... From: Martin Musatov <marty.musa...@gmail.com>.
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 08:46:13 -0700 (PDT) ... C (* Binary expansions
as a bijection ...
groups.google.com/group/sci.logic/browse.../b01f8ea2c5255dbc?
lnk...
+ + +
Martin Musatov

Date Subject Author
5/27/09
Read Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
5/27/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
5/27/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
5/27/09
Read Answer to Tim Little, I. Walker et al.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
5/27/09
Read Re: Answer to Tim Little, I. Walker et al.
Virgil
5/27/09
Read Re: Answer to Tim Little, I. Walker et al.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
5/27/09
Read Re: Answer to Tim Little, I. Walker et al.
Virgil
5/27/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
5/28/09
Read Re: Answer to Tim Little, I. Walker et al.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
5/28/09
Read Re: Answer to Tim Little, I. Walker et al.
Virgil
5/28/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
5/28/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
G. Frege
5/28/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Jesse F. Hughes
5/29/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
5/29/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
G. Frege
5/29/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
5/30/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
G. Frege
5/30/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Jesse F. Hughes
6/2/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
5/30/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Jesse F. Hughes
5/30/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Ralf Bader
6/1/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/1/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Jesse F. Hughes
6/1/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/2/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
george
6/2/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Denis Feldmann
6/2/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
6/11/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/11/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/11/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
William Hughes
6/11/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/11/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/11/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
William Hughes
6/11/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Guest
6/11/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/11/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/11/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
William Hughes
6/12/09
[...]
6/13/09
[...]
6/14/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Owen Jacobson
6/14/09
[...]
6/15/09
[...]
6/16/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/16/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/16/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
2/5/13
[...]
6/17/09
[...]
7/17/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
scriber77@yahoo.com
6/17/09
[...]
6/18/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/18/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/18/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
William Hughes
6/18/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/18/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/18/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
William Hughes
6/19/09
[...]
6/20/09
[...]
6/3/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
george
6/3/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/3/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
george
6/3/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/3/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Guest
6/3/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Marshall
6/3/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Jack Markan
6/3/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
6/3/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Guest
6/7/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/7/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/7/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/7/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/8/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/8/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/9/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/9/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/9/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
William Hughes
6/9/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/10/09
[...]
Rainer Rosenthal
6/11/09
[...]
6/22/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
6/25/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
6/25/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
6/30/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
6/30/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
7/1/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
7/1/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Guest
7/2/09
[...]
5/31/09
[...]
MeAmI.org
6/30/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
7/1/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
7/2/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
G. Frege
7/2/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
7/2/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
herb z
7/2/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Dik T. Winter
7/2/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
herb z
7/2/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
G. Frege
7/3/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Aatu Koskensilta
7/3/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Daryl McCullough
7/2/09
[...]
7/4/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Aatu Koskensilta
7/6/09
[...]
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
7/2/09
[...]
YBM
6/11/09
[...]
Read Who introduced false logic?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
5/28/09
Read Re: Who introduced false logic?
Virgil
5/30/09
Read Re: Who introduced false logic?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
5/30/09
Read Re: Who introduced false logic?
Virgil
5/30/09
Read Re: Who introduced false logic?
Virgil
5/30/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
5/30/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Virgil
5/30/09
Read Re: Answer to Dik T. Winter
Ralf Bader
5/27/09
Read Natural numbers are uniquely defined
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
5/27/09
Read Re: Natural numbers are uniquely defined
David C. Ullrich
5/27/09
Read Re: Natural numbers are uniquely defined
Virgil
5/27/09
Read Re: Natural numbers are uniquely defined
Guest
5/27/09
Read Re: Natural numbers are uniquely defined
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
5/28/09
Read Re: Natural numbers are uniquely defined
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
5/28/09
Read Re: Natural numbers are uniquely defined
Virgil
5/29/09
Read Re: Natural numbers are uniquely defined
Peter Webb
5/29/09
[...]
David Bernier
6/1/09