Topic: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Replies: 47   Last Post: Feb 8, 2014 8:41 PM

Constructive Truth

Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture

On Jun 30, 5:06 am, "Dik T. Winter" <Dik.Win...@cwi.nl> wrote:
> In article <115c718c-fe66-4a34-ac7c-02b57c508...@i6g2000yqj.googlegroups.com> Musatov <marty.musa...@gmail.com> writes:
> When are you going to stop to post these mindless conjectures based on a
> very small number of cases?
>
>  > Consider each case:
>  >
>  > For four: (#4)

Dear Mr. Dik T. Winter:

I am afraid, necessarily you misunderstand the direct language of my
claim.

My claim is:

1. every prime is of the form 2N+1.

My claim is:

2. Not every number of the form 2N+1 is prime.

They are two very different things, but may be stated directly with
the statement I made earlier.

"Every prime number is of the form 2N+1"

Do you understand?

--

Martin Musatov

Venn Diagram/Concentric circle inclusions/statements may help me
clarify.
_____________________
[ All Numbers of the ]
[ {Prime Numbers} ]
[ form 2N+1 ]
----------------------

1. All prime numbers are of the form 2N+1
2. Not all numbers of the form 2N+1 are prime.

>  > 2*4+1=9 not prime
>  > 2*14+1=29 prime
>  > 2*24+1=49 not prime
>  >
>  > In the above instances "N" ends in "4" and is not prime, the formula
>  > produces a number with square prime factors (i.e. 3*3=9 and 7*7=49).
>  > (i.e. When it does not produce a prime the composite is a prime
>  > squared).
>
> Wrong.  2*34+1 = 69 = 3*23.
>         2*544+1 = 1089 = 3*3*11*11
>         2*364+1 = 729 = 3*3*3*3*3*3
>
>  > Also, we note:
>  >
>  > When "N" ends in "4" and the formula produces a composite number,
>  > adding "two" to the composite produces a prime.
>  >
>  > Shown:
>  > 2*4+1=9+2=11 prime
>  > 2*24+1=49+2=51 prime
>
> Since when is 51 prime?
> --
> dik t. winter, cwi, science park 123, 1098 xg amsterdam, nederland, +31205924131
> home: bovenover 215, 1025 jn  amsterdam, nederland;http://www.cwi.nl/~dik/

Date Subject Author
6/20/09
Read Prime Generalization Conjecture
MeAmI.org
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
CBFalconer
6/21/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
MeAmI.org
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
John H. Guillory
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/29/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Peter Nilsson
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Alf P. Steinbach
6/30/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Dik T. Winter
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
7/7/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Alan Morgan
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/12/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
7/13/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/15/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
8/24/09
Read Musatov Prime 2 + 3
Guest
8/24/09
Read Musatov Prime 2 + 3
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Ed Prochak
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
William Elliot
6/20/09
Read Revised Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Revised Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
2/8/14