Topic: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Replies: 47   Last Post: Feb 8, 2014 8:41 PM

Guest

Watch Watch this User
Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture

On Jul 7, 10:17 pm, amor...@xenon.Stanford.EDU (Alan Morgan) wrote:
> In article <01ecf301-15ba-4bfb-83c3-f4e8e18c9...@o18g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,
> Constructive Truth  <scribe...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> >I am afraid, necessarily you misunderstand the direct language of my
> >claim.

> >My claim is:
>
> >1. every prime is of the form 2N+1.
>
> Not only is your statement trivial and completely uninteresting (every
> prime number is odd.  Really?  Could that be because even numbers are,
> by definition, divisible by 2, and thus not prime?), it isn't even
> completely correct.  2 is a prime, but is not of the form 2N+1.
>
> So your claim is both trivial and false.  Have no fear!  One minor
> change:
>
> Musatov-Morgan Theorem
>   Every prime > 2 is of the form 2N+1
>
> and it's now trivial and true.  What's next?  A variation on the
> Goldbach Conjecture where you hypothesize that every number > 2
> can be written as the sum of two other numbers?
>
> Alan
> --
> Defendit numerus

Hello Alan,

Thank you for your feedback and write up. Very cool!

Can you explain something to me please? By your comments, I
understand, 2 N + 1 = odd. But what else can we say about 2 N + 1 ?

Here are a list of statements, I would like to know if we can properly
decide from 2 N + 1:

(All of the below statements assume P > 2, as you asserted.)

Can we say....? (If every prime > 2 is 2 N + 1 = odd)

1. 2 N + 1 = P an (odd) prime 1/2 (of an even) 2P?

For example:

2*8+1=17
1/2*34=17

2. Can we then write for every prime > 2:

2 N + 1 = P (odd) and 2P (Even), N is also always even?

3. Can the above statement equivocally be stated:

2 (even N) + 1 = Every Prime = 1/2 2P or 1/2 * 4
(even N + 2)?

2 * 8 + 1 = 17 (a prime) = 1/2 (17*2) or 1/2 * (4 * 8
+ 2)?

Thank you for your time an patience.

> Musatov-Morgan Theorem
>   Every prime > 2 is of the form 2N+1

So cool, thanks again!

Martin Musatov

Date Subject Author
6/20/09
Read Prime Generalization Conjecture
MeAmI.org
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
CBFalconer
6/21/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
MeAmI.org
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
John H. Guillory
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/26/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/29/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Peter Nilsson
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Alf P. Steinbach
6/30/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Dik T. Winter
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Richard Heathfield
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
7/7/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Alan Morgan
9/13/13
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/8/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Constructive Truth
7/12/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
mike
7/13/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
7/15/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
8/24/09
Read Musatov Prime 2 + 3
Guest
8/24/09
Read Musatov Prime 2 + 3
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/30/09
Read Re: Musatov Prime Generalization Conjecture
Ed Prochak
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
William Elliot
6/20/09
Read Revised Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Revised Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
6/20/09
Read Re: Prime Generalization Conjecture
Guest
2/8/14