Topic: Shapes of Hieratic numerals
Replies: 13   Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 2:26 PM

Thoma Lile

Re: Sad news about the Math-Hist-List

I've enjoyed the discussions.
Thoma Lile
Arlington, Texas

------ Original Message ------
From: "Rickey, F. PROF MATH" <Frederick.Rickey@usma.edu>
To: MATH-HISTORY-LIST@ENTERPRISE.MAA.ORG
Subject: Sad news about the Math-Hist-List

Fellow Historians,

It is with sadness that the Mathematical Association of American has informed
me that the software license for this list will expire on July 14 and that
this list will be "retired". The MAA will no longer host it. Messages sent to
the list will not work; you may get a reply indicating "no such address" but I
don't know.

This list has been active since 1994 and there have been many interesting
questions and discussions. Personally, it has been a rewarding experience. I
hope that you feel the same.

This decision was made without my consultation and I only learned of it
recently, so I have not thought about how it might be continued. Your ideas
would be welcome.

V. Frederick Rickey
Professor of Mathematics
United States Military Academy