Topic: GUI, opening new window
Replies: 7   Last Post: Dec 24, 2013 6:02 AM

James

Re: GUI, opening new window

"itatz " <ita.atz@libero.it> wrote in message <h433ot$7m6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
> I would like to open a new window (with other buttons, axis, etc...) within GUI when I push a button. how can I do?
>
> thanks for answering!

The callback for your button should open a new figure.

Example:

pushbutton = uicontrol('Style','pushbutton',...rest of stuff...,'Callback',{@Pushbutton_Callback});

function Pushbutton_Callback(pushbutton,eventdata)

fh = figure( )
%you can include anything you want in here as long as you specify the parent as
%being fh
end

hope that helps